Sunday, June 23, 2013

Wilson's First Month Home

We brought Wilson home on Wednesday, March 27th.  We arrived late in the evening.  As mentioned in our last post, we returned to find that someone had decorated our home.  I was not able to get Wilson's room ready because he was born early so while we were in Murray for the birth of baby Wilson, my mom, dad, sister-in-law Vanica, and her daughter Olivia worked in his room to get it organized.  They were so helpful- they washed the bassinet linens and put the bassinet together.  They put the swing and stroller together.  They also moved a bunch of things we had stored in Wilson's room into the hallway and other spare bedroom for me to go through later on.  Vanica and Olivia also decorated our family room with blue crepe paper, and outside our house they put up signs and blue balloons.  It was so cute and thoughtful.

The next day we had to get up early and be to the Dr.'s office first thing in the morning so Wilson could have a blood test to check his bilirubin levels.  His levels had gone up a bit so we ended up having more blood tests on Friday and Saturday morning.  His jaundice was not bad enough for the Dr. to prescribe lights being brought into our home, but we had to make sure he was eating, going to the bathroom, and easy to wake up.  When we returned home from the Dr.'s office my mom took our picture on the front porch with all of the decorations.  (Just as a side note:  Wilson's jaundice went away on its own about a week to ten days later.)    
  

My mom, Kathy, stayed with us for about 12 days.  We couldn't have done it without her.  She taught us the ins and outs of diapering, bathing, feeding, etc.  She was also so helpful in the middle of the night when Wilson had his nights and days mixed up.  Having my mom here enabled me to catch up on things at home.  Here are two pictures of my mom and baby Wilson.




Flowers we received:
 These flowers were sent from Dave's department at work.
My mom had these flowers waiting for us when we brought Wilson home.



Wilson had many visitors during his first weeks at home!
 These are my brother Vince's children with baby Wilson:  Savanna, Kevin, Calvin, Olivia, and Ivan.
 This is my brother Vince's wife, Vanica, with her son Ivan and baby Wilson.
 Dave's parents: Paul and Vicky.
 Dave's nephew: Jett.
My dad: Stuart.



I was really lucky to get a long term substitute and be home with Wilson from the day we brought him home until May 5th.  I treasure this valuable time I had to spend with Wilson in the first month of his life.



Pictures of Wilson my mom and I took.
 We ended up using this one on his birth announcement.



Time With Daddy



Bath Time
These pictures don't show it, but Wilson hated bathing his first month of life.



Wilson in his swing, and he does not like it. 



More pictures of Wilson.
Wilson sleeping in his bassinet.
More posts to come...

1 comment: